PPatent Attorney Andreas Schneider
Diploma in Physics, Patent Attorney (Germany)
European Patent Attorney
European Trademark Attorney
European Design Attorney
Patent attorney Schneider studied physics at the universities of Prague, Bochum and Leipzig and, after his studies, worked for the research company EA Technology Ltd. in England, among others. He has been working in the field of intellectual property since 1997 and worked in the patent department of IBM Germany and in patent law firms in Munich and Nuremberg. In 2004, he opened his own law firm in Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz.
Patent attorney Schneider is authorised to represent clients before the German Patent and Trade Mark Office, the Federal Office of Plant Varieties, the European Patent Office, the Unified Patent Court (UPC), the European Trade Mark Office (EUIPO), the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the Federal Patent Court and in patent nullity cases before the Federal Court of Justice. He advises district courts and higher regional courts in patent, utility model, design and trade mark litigation.
pro bono activities
Patent attorney Schneider participates in the free inventor consultations of the Patent Centre Bavaria and the Regensburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He supports the start-up game “Ideen machen Schule” of the Hans Lindner Institute and was a reviewer for the business plan competitions “Netzwerk Nordbayern” and “futureSAX” for many years. For the “Jugend forscht” regional competition in the Upper Palatinate, patent attorney Schneider has donated the special prize “patent application” from 2005 to 2021.
Lectures, seminars and talks
Patent attorney Andreas Schneider is regularly invited to speak on the subject of intellectual property rights.
A selection of the topics:
- Patent policy for companies – recommendations for strategy and tactics
- Brands and design as effective marketing tools
- Investment protection through IP rights
- Patent infringement – strategies and defences
- Trademarks, designs and patents – secure protection for good ideas
A selection of the organisers:
- Chamber of Crafts Lower Bavaria Upper Palatinate, Regensburg/Schwandorf
- Chamber of Crafts of Middle Franconia, Nuremberg
- Regensburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Neumarkt District Guild of Craftsmen
- Junior Chamber Neumarkt
- Northern Bavaria Network, Nuremberg
- VDI District Association Bavaria Northeast
- University of applied sciences Amberg-Weiden
- University of applied sciences Landshut
- Competence Centre New Materials Northern Bavaria, Bayreuth
- Competence Centre Construction, Neumarkt
- Amberg-Sulzbach Business Incubator
- Hans Lindner Institute, Mariakirchen Castle (Rottal-Inn County)